How to run an effective tourism business meeting
Learn why having regular team meetings is so important, understand how to look at the key performance indicators with your team, and discover 3 strategies to help you to make your meetings super effective!
By completing this programme, you will…
Know how to go about setting up a regular meeting schedule.
Be clear on the essential parts of their business that need to be focused on and when.
Have a list of Key Performance Indicators that the entire team are aware of.
Have assigned responsibility for certain KPI’s to improve overall accountability.
Have a checklist of actions they need to take to ensure that everyone involved in aware of the schedule, mechanism, and meeting protocol.
What topics are covered in this course?
VIDEO: How to run an effective tourism business meeting (18.5 minutes)
Part 1: The Tourism Business Meeting
- The “why” behind the regular meeting.
- Key people for your team meeting.
- Notice and scheduling.
Part 2: Meeting Structure
- Meeting Facilitation and Leadership.
- KPIs to be monitored in your business.
- Assigning responsibilities for KPI’s in your business and inviting team participation.
Part 3: Action Lists and Follow Up
- Assigning Tasks
- Verbal Summary & Wrap Up
- Time Keeping
- Follow Up E-mail
How is this course relevant to the 2030 Global Sustainable Development Goals?
In 2015, the United Nations published 17 Sustainable Development Goals, which address the global changes we face as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The United Nations’ Agenda is "a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future."
At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) designed to stimulate action in areas of critical importance for humanity and the planet. You can watch a summary video HERE.
At The Tourism Space™, we have committed to raising awareness of how tourism can positively contribute to the global sustainability agenda.
This particular course can help you with actions relating to at least 1 of the SDGs, listed below.
Business Coach and Customer Service Trainer
Jarlath O’Dwyer is a professionally certified businesses coach, trainer and facilitator specialising in tourism and retail. He worked as a senior national sales and marketing manager in the multinational and private corporate sector for over 15 years. In this time, he developed multi-layered sales and marketing strategies designed to build brands and grow sales, and worked with teams to ensure successful implementation. More recently, Jarlath has moved into Tourism Destination & Network Management, supporting up to 10 destination networks in Ireland. He is currently CEO of the Burren Ecotourism Network, and continues to work with retail clients in the area of marketing, PR and recruitment. Jarlath is an accomplished speaker on the topics of tourism networking and destination marketing.
Is this course for me?
This course is suitable for people working in any tourism or hospitality business that handles customers from enquiry stage all the way through to service provision (e.g., visitor attraction, visitor centre, hotel, accommodation provider, restaurant, café) and who want to get clear on how they can run effective and results focused team meetings.
If you are trying to figure out where to start a meeting schedule, this is an ideal course for you! If you are already running meetings, then this will give you an excellent framework for improving the outcomes getting better team participation in the meeting itself and in the task list that is agreed upon.
What do I get in this course?
- A Training Video covering the following topics:
- Meeting structure & scheduling
- Essential elements of team meetings
- Participation & inclusion
- Setting Tasks & Deadlines
- Follow up dates and Times
- A downloadable copy of the slides used in the training video.
- An end of course assessment to review and consolidate learning.
- A Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of the assessment.
- If you choose to become a Member (which includes all our short training courses), you'll also have the option to attend a weekly Q&A call with other learners from The Tourism Space. No need to be stuck when you can meet with one of our expert trainers every week and get your questions answered!